Acceptance of Our Terms and Conditions
Links to Third-Party Sites
Who we are and how to contact us
Information We Collect
We collect information that you provide to us directly when you interact with us. This could include purchasing online, over the phone or in person, or when you sign up to receive marketing from us. Examples of when you may provide us with your personal information are listed below:
- When you use gondolas.co.za (the “Website”)
- When you contact Zulumoon Gondolas by telephone or email or through electronic channels (e.g. the website). Please note that our calls will not be recorded.
- When you sign up to receive marketing
- When you attend an event, or enter prize draws or competitions run by Zulumoon Gondolas
- When completing any surveys that we send to you for research purposes (although you are under no obligation to complete these)
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes
- When you make a booking and purchase gift certificates from Zulumoon Gondolas (i.e. details of transactions you make with Zulumoon Gondolas– whether in-person at the boats or at the ticket sales point or via the Website)
Your information will be used to offer or provide services that support the activities of www.gondolas.co.za/ to respond to your inquiries, send invoices, analyse trends, or to provide you with electronic newsletters, analytics as agreed, invitation to events, marketing material, announcements, surveys or other information. When accessing www.gondolas.co.za/ your personal user information may be tracked in order to ensure authorized access. By providing us with your personal information, you expressly consent to our storing, processing, and distributing of such information for the above-mentioned purposes.
Personal data we collect using cookies and other similar technologies
Personal data received from third parties
Your information may be shared with us by independent organisations, for example, organisations that Zulumoon Gondolas works with to run partnerships, competitions and events or that provide some of our Services.
- Third party organisations – we may combine information you have given to us with additional information made available from/shared with us by external sources. This will only be done when we both have a lawful basis to do so.
- Information updates – from time to time, we may screen our database against recognised data files, such as the National Change of Address file, to help us keep our database up to date.
- Social media and messaging services – Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook Inc, WhatsApp, Twitter, Snap Inc, or Google Inc you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly
From time to time, we may collect information that is contained in publicly available sources such as Companies House and information that has been published in, for example, article/newspapers/online.
The types of information we collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you up to date about all the latest exciting Zulumoon Gondolas news. The types of personal data we collect depends on who you are and how you interact with us (including the use of our Sites and our Services) and includes the following:
- Name and Surname
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact phone number(s)
- Purchase information
- Interactions with us e.g. contacting our Customer Service, visitors logs, clicking our ads
- Payment details
- Delivery address(s)
- Billing address
- Attendance at events (this may include images and sensitive personal data such as access requirements
- Appointment booking and information given during appointments (this may include images and sensitive personal data such as allergy information)
- Automatically populated IP address – When you visit our website, we may collect an automatically populated IP address. An IP address is a unique number which allows a device (such as your mobile or tablet) to browse the internet.
- Information from cookies**
*When visiting our website we may collect an automatically populated IP address. An IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device (such as your mobile or tablet) to browse the internet. We may also record the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
Information we obtain independently from you:
Third Party Organisations
We may combine information you have given to us with additional information made available from / shared with us by external sources. This will only be done when we both have a lawful basis to do so.
From time to time we may screen our database against recognised data files, such as the National Change of Address file, to help us keep our database up to date.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly
We may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in, for example, articles/ newspapers / online.
Ensuring your personal information is only used where lawful
In order for us to use your personal information in a compliant manner, that use by us needs to fall under at least one of the specific lawful reasons that are set out in applicable data protection law. Examples of these lawful reasons include our use of your personal information being necessary for the purchase of goods or services, or for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Where your personal information is completely anonymised, we do not require a legal basis to use it as the information will no longer constitute “personal information” as defined by applicable data protection laws. However, our collection and use of such anonymised personal information may be subject to other laws where your consent is required.
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
We use information about you in a number of ways, including providing the services that you have requested, offering you a personalised experience and informing you about special events or exciting Zulumoon Gondolas news. We might also use the information we have to contact you about any information we might need to process your orders, returns or queries.
- Examples of how we use your data are as follows:To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you.
- Fulfilment and delivery (where applicable) of, products and services you have ordered and our other services that we provide. We may share your personal information with our delivery partners, third-party service providers and third-party concessions.
- Some of our selected service providers may process your information internationally in order to provide this service, subject to their compliance with international transfer restrictions. An example of this is the third party we have partnered with to provide the Zulumoon Gondolas Remarketing Google Ads Campaigns
- Process payments. Zulumoon Gondolas does not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed. We share your personal information with credit card companies and other payment providers and acquirers in order to facilitate your transaction. These third parties will be responsible for the handling of your personal data for these purposes and their Privacy Policies will set out how they do this.
- Contact you with important information relating to your booking or purchase, or use and administration of any of our Services, such as confirming your order, letting you know about returns and refunds and any information in relation to that Service. We may share your information with our communication partners for this purpose.
- Where we have your consent:
- Send you marketing via email, or internet about all the latest news, events and offers at Pinkfrog. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email. We share your personal information with a variety of third-party email marketing providers and internet advertising publishers who assist us in delivering our email marketing campaigns to you. Third Parties include: Mailchimp
- We tailor emails and internet campaigns to the things you love, so they’re relevant to your location, what you have shown an interest in, your online browsing behaviour and the things you buy from us.
- Use and share your details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, or via other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites or apps you use. Online advertising channels we may use are: digital display, video on demand, search engine marketing, paid social – these are all on third party sites or platforms
Where we have justifiable reason (legitimate interest):
- Events. We share your personal information with any applicable third party hosting the event and ticketing companies such as Trip Advisor, Dirty Boots, Quicket
- Respond to customer service enquiries raised in the store, online, social platforms or on the phone.
- Invite you to provide feedback about our products and services in the form of online, email, or in-store surveys. We use this information to help us improve the quality of service provided; to monitor the quality of our products and services and to assist with the selection of future product and service lines. We use a third-party service provider to assist us with customer surveys and feedback requests. For example on of our third party providers is Mail Chimp.
- Analyse aggregated customer information with other interactions customers have with Zulumoon Gondolas in order to continually improve the products and services we offer through our stores; website.. We do this using third parties such as Google Analytics, SEO Analytics Software, Google My Buisness Insights, Facebook, Instagram and You Tube Insights.
- For classifying our audience into user profiles, groups or segments, using shopping habits information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences. These segments help us to understand our audience better. We do this using Analytics software such as Google Analytics.
- Anonymous track usage statistics on our Sites. By using this information, we are able to measure the effectiveness of our content and how visitors use our Sites and our Services. This allows us to learn what pages to target our adverts so that they’re more relevant to you. We do this with software such as google analytics
- Measure and understand how our customers respond to our Sites and to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- To help us run the test version of our website that we use internally to pilot new features and ensure the smooth running of our web services.
- Detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
Where we have collected your contact details in the process of a sale (or negotiations of a sale) of a product or service, Zulumoon Gondolas will have PECR-compliant permission to send you marketing updates via email or through targeted social media, internet and advertisements. We will only send you marketing updates about Zulumoon Gondolas’ products and services.
You will be able to say no to receiving these emails when we first collect your contact details and you will be able to unsubscribe in every subsequent communication from us.
Sharing your information
We use third-party platforms to manage and deliver customer relationship management (CRM); some of our Services; email marketing campaigns; online advertising; customer analytics; events; booking of appointments; fulfilment of orders; delivery; returns; refunds; IT services; etc. In providing the services, your personal information will, where applicable, be used by the service provider on our behalf.
We use social media platforms and third party advertisers such as Facebook, Instagram, and Google to facilitate targeted marketing communications (such as sponsored ads and search) for our customers. Where you have opted into receiving marketing communications from us, we may share your email address and name to tailor our messages to you.
Reasonable steps are taken to maintain the security of the information as listed above. However, we reserve the right to release personal information where compelled to do so by law, where we reasonably believe there to be illegal activity, and where we can be expected to try and protect our systems and/or business. As a user of this website, please note that your personal information may be visible to other users and to the public. Information that is disclosed in public areas of our website becomes accessible to the public and therefore can be collected, used, shared by the public and we cannot accept any liability for the misuse of such information. You are warned to exercise caution when sharing any information and should you not want your personal information collected and used by users of this website, please refrain from immediate use of this website. Please note that our employees will have access to personal information under confidentiality.
Business Administration and Legal Compliance
In certain circumstances, we share and/or are obliged to share your personal information for business administration and legal compliance purposes with third parties outside the Zulumoon Gondolas Company.
- We may use your personal information in connection with a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all of or portion of our assets), to enforce our legal rights and/or to protect the rights of third parties and it is in our legitimate interest to do so. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external professional advisors such as lawyers and accountants, or insurers or financial institutions.
- We may use your personal information for legal compliance purposes and to enforce our legal rights. In such instances it will be necessary to share your personal information with external parties such as administrative authorities, the Financial Conduct Authority, police and public prosecutors or to comply with a court order or power of attorney. We may also have legal obligations to overseas tax authorities and will be required to share your personal information for these purposes.
- We will also need to use your personal information for legal compliance purposes to undertake customer checks to know our customers and verify their identity. We may also be required to share your information to report any suspicious and/or criminal activity including fraud, sanctions and anti-money laundering. It is our legal obligation to do so.
How to unsubscribe from marketing communications.
If at any point you do not wish to hear from us there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe.
- You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each “unsubscribe” link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. general marketing communications, specific marketing communications. This means that unsubscribing from general marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from specific marketing or our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications that are already en route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by calling +2784 730 8784, Monday to Saturday: 9am-20pm and Sundays: 10am-20pm to do so.
- You can email us on [email protected]
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from our websites or applications to your computer or device hard drive or Internet browser where it is saved. The cookie contains information to personalise your experience on our websites or applications and may improve your experience on the websites or applications. The cookie will also identify your device, like the computer or smart phone.
By using our websites or applications you agree that cookies may be forwarded from the relevant website or application to your computer or device. The cookie will enable us to know that you have visited the website or application before and will identify you. We may also use the cookie to prevent fraud and for analytics.
Third Party Links and services
- Your browsing and interaction on any other third-party tool or service provider, is subject to that website’s or third-party tool or service provider’s own rules and policies. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the privacy practices of any third parties.
- We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit, or third party tool or service provider that you deal with, and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective Privacy Policies and practices.
Security and Confindentiality
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We do not sell your personal information for any purpose. Various means are used to protect the Information provided by users on this website but we cannot guarantee that this information will not be intercepted, altered or misused. The responsibility rests with you to ensure that your computer is adequately secured and protected against malicious software and individuals. We will not assume liability for the interception, alteration, use or misuse of the information you provide. You alone are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and security of your personal information. Should you suspect that we or you have had a security breach, please advise us immediately by contacting us on [email protected] detailing the time and nature of the breach and steps you have taken to minimise the effect of such breach.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
Destruction/Deletion of Personal Information
We keep your personal information in line with our company retention policy. All Personal Information which has become obsolete, in the sole and absolute discretion of us, shall be deleted by us from our records and/or destroyed. You are also acting in full rights to request that this information be destroyed and deleted by contacting us on [email protected], detailing which information you wish to be destroyed and/or deleted.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
How to access your information
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
Your Right of Access
All information submitted to us can be verified and/or changed. In order to do this, please contact us on [email protected] Please note that reasonable steps will be taken to verify your identity before effecting such change, verification or correction.
Your Right to correct information
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it corrected. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the changes where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Your right to delete information
Your right to delete information
You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
In order to change your cookie settings pls click the link below
Please be aware you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself if you wish. For full information on how to delete cookies please visit aboutcookies.org.
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at [email protected]